So we ended up moving sites and fortunately got to choose between several sites at the same RV park and ended up with one of the best. We open up our doors to the most gorgeous view with no Neighbors on our door side which is a big deal because usually you open up your door and stepped out to another RV. We had a huge Grass Pad for Annika to play on with a fireplace and a giant tree with lots of shade.

We were really stoked about it relocation but only had until Sunday to get some final trip in. We decided on one final trip to Yosemite Valley which was totally worth it.

We had planned on waking up at 5:30 a.m. to get everything packed and ready for day trip, but I think Scott was the only one that got up that early as I rolled out of bed around 6:30 struggling to open my eyes. Anyhow we got everything packed up and out of the house by 7am!! Honestly for us having a two-year-old I think that’s pretty good. Annika had a nasty cough in the middle of the night so we stopped at the grocery store to make sure she had some ibuprofen for the long day ahead. It was over an hour and a half drive and to Yosemite Valley. Really in April we purchased a national parks pass which takes forever to mail out apparently. Anyhow we did purchase the pass however we don’t actually have it in hand so we were concerns that we could not use it when entering the park. However when we explain the situation we pulled up the order on my cell phone and the lady let us into the park for free, which is normally a $30 per car charge. 

Once inside we knew we wanted to go for a nice walk so we went back to the same spot we parked initially which was swinging bridge.

We found a spot right away which was nice. We grabbed a backpack and a stroller and some water and hit the trails.

Of course Annika wanted to be carried so her dad obliged and carried her across the park. Good arm workout!!

We ended up walking all the way across the park to Yosemite falls!! 

This was much closer than we had gotten the first time so it was nice to take a different path and have a different view. I thought the experience would be sort of a repeat but it turned out to be completely different than our first time.

We decided to finish up our day with a bike ride to Mirror Lake. 

Mirror Lake was about a 2-mile trail that is at the base of Half Dome…

What the pictures don’t show you is the fear that I had that we would have to ride two miles back up hill after riding down hill to the lake. The road was actually really weird and long and winding with some steep grades and settle grades mixed in. Scott and I rode our bikes for three-quarters of the 2-mile trail then we saw a sign that said no bikes allowed so we got off and walked uphill climb to get to Mirror Lake which by then was grueling because our legs were so tiredperiod on a Coke was a champ and walked all the way up some of the way up until Dad carried her the rest of the way. We hung out at Mirror Lake which was beautiful and apparently a remnant of a glacier. By then it was nearly 2 or 2:30 so we started walking back to the bikes. Something really weird happened though and that was one we hopped on our bikes and started towards the 2-mile trail back somehow I think we worked through time and seriously the ride was only I don’t know less than a quarter of the entire length to get there. Somehow we found a shortcut unintentionally and ended up right back at our car within 5 minutes instead of the 20 minutes it should have taken us. It was a weird phenomenon and Scott and I really don’t know how to describe it!! Anyhow by the time we got back to the car it was 3 o’clock. We decided to get everybody packed up and head home because we still had an hour and a half Drive ahead of us and it takes almost a half hour just to get out of the park. All of yosemite Valley is just a big loop inside and they only have one ways streets, so it takes a long time to get out. 

Anyhow that was our last big adventure around Yosemite Valley. We finally got back to the RV around 5 o’clock and we were all exhausted and hungry and happy. I think I fell asleep that night at 8 o’clock.

Now we are leaving towards Sacramento California for a 2 week visit with Grammy and grandpa and auntie and new baby Jayne!!! 

While in the Sacramento area there are many things for us to do that we look forward to. Some of these things include the Sacramento Children’s Museum, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, and lots of hiking trails and outdoor stuff. Apparently the snow season is extended so we may even get to take on a good to play and some cold weather. Can’t wait!